Sunday, March 14, 2010

Patatoe, Patato

Im sitting here in my pj's (its 12pm) with dirty dishes filling up the kitchen, laundry everywhere and a big bag of gross diapers and garbage sitting at the door waiting for someone to take it out. Will I ever get the hang of this whole "keeping house" thing? My mom does it so well! Her house is always clean, there's never dirty dishes in the sink and the laundry is always caught up. Is that because she never lets it get out of control? Maybe thats the key! I should wash dishes everyday instead of waiting until I have no dishes so I HAVE to wash them. Maybe I'll try that....
Noah is doing okay with the sleeping now. Finally three nights ago I just let him cry. I had to! He just wasn't getting the point that he needed to stay asleep! and *knock on wood* ever since that night he has been going down and staying down for at least 12 hours. He is such a good boy I feel truly blessed to have such an awesome little boy. Thats enough mushy love stuff for today lets get down to the nitty gritty.
WHAT IS WITH THE IDIOTS OF THE WORLD?!?! Everytime I leave my house I come home thinking "what is with people?" Whether it's a person's inability to drive properly or lack of social awareness. Nova Scotia should make it mandatory for everyone to take a class on proper parking lot etiquette. Just because you have a big truck doesnt mean you can come into my lane when you're turning! Just because my Versa is small doesn't mean my baby will be any less hurt when you smash into us! GOSH!
Noah's father is dating a girl who is 7 months pregnant. He's never even met his own son but he can stick around for someone else's son? But honestly and truly I am so glad he is not around. Maybe Noah will have a chance at a good life now. I guess I can't hold a grudge against him because I broke up with him but I guess as a mother I don't understand how you could just walk away from your child? I just can't even imagine.
Well I guess I should get in the shower and get this show on the road. I should also start brushing up on my spelling. I used to have very good grammar and I was a very knowledgeable person but now since giving birth I can't seem to figure out where I'm supossed to put comma's or periods. When to put a semi-colon or a colon. Or how to spell simple things like Patato. I spelled it Patatoe the other day. To think I'm starting university in september.....

1 comment:

  1. It's called "mush brain." Seriously, brain cells die off when you're pregnant, and you never fully recover. Combine that with sleep deprivation and isolation and you're guaranteed to accidentally put the cheese grater in the freezer!
    As for the cleaning thing -- don't stress about that. Being a mom to a baby is fulltime, around-the-clock. And when the baby naps, you should spend that time doing things for YOU, first and foremost. Dishes can come after. Of course, this all changes once the baby is mobile and picking up EVERYTHING off the floor and putting it in his mouth. So enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete